Friday, August 9, 2013

Chester day trip

On Sunday I took a day trip to Chester. The coach picks up at the bottom of the street at 8:30am so not an uncivilized hour for someone like me. I have to confess to not being a morning person!
We arrived in Chester and dropped most of the passengers off at the famous zoo, there were only five of us for the city center.

This was the fist sight that greeted us, an original old bus complete with a conductress in historical costume. You could pay to go round on a tour of the city, would have been fun but costly.
This is Chester cathedral, the photo is a bit dark sorry!



 
Everywhere you turned historic buildings met the eye. There are an amazing amount of shops in Chester and most are housed in very old buildings.
We decided to go for a walk along the city wall. Quite a long walk as it goes completely around the city, but I would really recommend it as you get a great view of everything. It rained on and off most of the day but it was still really enjoyable

 
These are the remains of a Roman bath house, luckily there were steps down from the wall so we could get off and explore a bit more.



Have to take photos of plants I would like to grow.

Back on the wall

We crossed the back of the cathedral, love the formal gardens.



This scene just looked so 'English' with the old houses and the green with an old roller . I wonder if they use the green to play cricket on or maybe croquet

This is me being a bit of a voyeur I spotted this lovely little garden sandwiched between
 the wall on one side and the river on the other. I think it is quite a magical place, I have extreme garden envy.

The rain started coming down in buckets so we ended up wandering round the shops but just look at the interior of this shopping mall.

 
Better get on and do some craft work, I will share that with you next time.
Bye for now
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment