Monday, July 8, 2013

A wonderful gift

I had been promised this lovely object for quite a while. It has been lurking up in the loft space. It belonged to my uncles mother and has been lovingly used over the years. My Aunty knows how much I love to sew and craft, and also how much I appreciate old/vintage things. I have never seen this particular machine before but I immediately fell in love.


I think it was the designs on the machine that immediately struck a cord.


Sorry the colours are a bit washed out, the light was bright for once, we has sun! also I gave it a nice polish and the light is reflecting off.  Love the green, orange, and gold combination.

 
The machine was made in 1920, it has a little wear and tear but I still works. These sewing machines are real work horses and are classed as industrial as they will sew through very thick layers of material including denim and even leather.

 
I am so glad it came with a manual, also has lots of weird and wonderful attachments. The leaflet on the right shows you how you can make a rug using a special tool.


I know we are going to have such fun together . . . .oh happy days!

Bye for now
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment